Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NetFlix, NetFlix.com Introduces Roku TV Boxes

I currently subscribe to NetFlix because of the high value they offer. For only $16.99 a month I rent 3 DVDs at a time with no monthly limit! I can also watch hundreds of movies from my PC at no additional cost through NetFlix.com. Now comes another groundbreaking way for me to enjoy my subscription in a 5-inch-by-5-inch device from the California startup Roku. The device downloads movies from the NetFlix web site and delivers them to your TV. For the 8.2 subscribers that would like this extra it will cost them $99 for the set top box. Once you hook up the device you’ll be able to unlimitedly stream over 10,000 movies. Best part of all you only need to have the $8.99 subscription to enjoy this service. Early reviews look promising, CrunchGear: "This is one of the most elegant and surprisingly usable dedicated devices I’ve seen in a long time. Unlike, say, the Kindle, everything here is almost perfect. As the literal incarnation of a web service, the Netflix Player by Roku is a true gem." Visit NetFlix.com

No comments: